Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dry Season


I'd never miss a chance of a good cuppa and a good book and some peace and quiet =)


My holidays are finally coming to an end. I truly fear the amount of workload and stress that I am about to face. At least back when I was working as an intern, I always had my brother to help me cover up my butt whenever I screw up. But this, this is gambling with my grades. There’s no turning point, no extra mile that you can choose to take to pay back for the lost grades. It’s now or nothing. My semesters are all 5-6 months long, I try my very best to balance it all between church, family, friends and of course Z. It’s never been easy, but I don’t want to give up either one.

My church is currently going through a season. People are coming and going and of course, being in the worship team, it has never been easy. I’m always inspired by Z, how he cares so much for the church and makes sure he serves as many times as he can. Sometimes I worry for him, he’s like this never ending battery that just keeps going no matter what happens. I remember coming to this church the first time when we first started dating, I really couldn’t see what he sees in the church. Surprisingly in due time, the bond with the church just grew on me. I remembered that at first, I told myself, I wanted to go to this church because that’s where Z would be, and if we were to ever get married, I want my submission to him begin now, not later. At least I can get used to it, you know?

Now it’s all me, Z has made me see that going to church as a couple don’t mean much unless you’re married. God still sees us as an individual. I begin to serve, and I begin to get involve, I wanted to understand what was so interesting. After getting to know the people here, I truly fell in love. It no longer meant this is my boyfriend’s church. But this is MY church too.

I do feel tired, traveling up and down every weekend and juggling visits to my hometown in Seremban. But I believe the dry season is about to come to an end if we persevere and march on in the Light of God. I believe that a new bud is about to blossom into a beautiful garden. I pray that as my semester begin, my fire to serve will not die down. Sometimes after staying up till the wee hours in the morning, I often struggle to get out of bed and act all childish whenever it’s time to get dressed to leave. I mean hello! I slept at 4am and I get up at 6am?! Z would always just answer me, “It’s up to you, but I don’t want to be late for practice”

Sometimes it ticks me off seeing him getting all punctual LOL! But it’s now coming to an end of my third year here, getting myself out of bed, serving with him having faith in him as well as having faith in the Him that is going to bless the land of Banting! Amen!

On a very personal note, I fall in love with Z every time I watch him serve along with me, I don’t know why, but I did ask for a man who loves Him as much as I do. And I am glad I am in this church with him. 

I believe we are all coheirs with Christ and we can stomp through any battle through His strength, the more I feel weakened, the more I charge forward. I used to think of convenience, and easy routes, but I know I've been called onto places to serve or contribute in whatever means I am capable of. How do I know this? Because the joy I receive afterwards makes it all worthwhile...

Just want to encourage you guys to check out the song Break Every Chain, and yes, through His Name, we can do all things! 


0 lovebites:

Post a Comment