Sunday, January 3, 2010

I was wrong...



As I waved goodbye to Mom this evening, I shed a tear or two as I vanished from her sight. It wasn't as easy as I thought it could be. Egoistic or not, it was never a great thing to have completed a Pre-U course and now doing another one. I'm turning twenty, and many of my friends are about to finish college and begin their career. Here I am starting from scratch again. A pang of self-disgrace shook me to my spine that this journey now walked by me alone...

It was very discouraging to be thought by many that I am wasting my father's money by quitting the first degree course I chose- Business. As tough as I look and no matter how wide my smile can be, I wished they would know that I never once felt any better. The whole time through the process of signing up-quitting-deciding-applying-registration, I felt not one bit less than a failure. I have my mother and my sister,Jo to thank for, for helping me through all the consultations and applications and of course, my friends to comfort me through my worrying days of whether I will or will not succeed this time.

No, please, don't put me in a phase of trial. Yea, so I applied the PTPTN loan to help pay my studies, but it wasn't that I wanted to react rebelliously, I am only apologetic that I have wasted someone's hopes and dreams apart from $$$ that I could've succeeded in the Business course. This has nothing to do about going against Dad proving that I can switch courses without him supporting my studies. To the world: I have made a mistake. Please, give me a chance to try again...

Right now in this phase of life, the least I would want is to be reminded on how hard Mom is working for my sake. I am not ignorant, I never was and never will be. I made a mistake, I rushed through my life's planning without much thought. It's hard enough to pick myself up and try again...


Many paths given unto me,
I foolishly chosen a dream that was never mine,
Causing the people around me to pay a price,
For my sake indeed for I am aware,
A new year has come,
Return me my wand,
To try casting the dream that was mine intended...

1 lovebites:

KarenK said...

heyy..great things werent done without mistakes. they help you make you stronger. Now you're more business minded than your classmates:P and dont bother what people say....remember in the bible where jesus asked those without sin to cast the first stone and no one did. Everyone's made mistakes. Geez...i sound like a preacher. Miss ya!

Post a Comment